A busy programme of seminars and network events on key topics held throughout the year provides our start-up companies with every opportunity to keep up to date with the latest topics and meet with fellow Synergy companies and alumni.
Access to our specialist research facilities at CASH, MiCRA and RF Technology all of which are located within the same building provides Synergy companies with an exceptional opportunity to collaborate with researchers and students at ITT Dublin
Availability of advice and support from our Synergy Incubation Support team and Technology Transfer Office who in turn can provide the contact point to key personnel in our partner organisations at Enterprise Ireland and Local Enterprise Office, South Dublin.
Synergy Centre is a highly supportive, open and vibrant and business start-up environment space so please browse through our range of supports using the menus provided.
Synergy Centre is the commercially oriented interface between ITT and the industrial, commercial and business life of the greater south Dublin region, and makes available the expertise, facilities and resources of the Institute for the wider benefit of the regional economy.
Synergy Centre achieves this through the following range of programmes and activities:
- Technology Transfer
- Entrepreneurial Development Programmes
- Incubation Facilities for Knowledge and Technology-Based Enterprises
- Applied Research
- Sectoral & Regional Development Initiatives
- Spearheading and Supporting EU and Cross-Border Development Initiatives
- Networking with Agencies and Organisations at Regional, National and International Level
Clients of Synergy Centre will be supported through a wide range of networking and training provisions including:
- A 6-month rotating mentor panel to be matched with client companies based on stage of development and mentor expertise
- A series of networking events
- A series of one-to-one clinics covering areas such as legal and Intellectual Property, Finance, Business Banking, marketing, recruiting, and employee related issues etc.
- Lightning training programmes in non-core areas such as finance, marketing, public relations, time management, recruitment etc.
Synergy Centre caters for all shapes and sizes of early-stage business, providing:
- office space for small ventures with high potential;
- concept desks for entrepreneurs with an early stage idea; and
- virtual tenancy to companies requiring non-physical support
Further information and supports can also be found through our partner organisations:
- Local Enterprise Office – South Dublin
- Enterprise Ireland
- South Dublin Chamber
- Local Enterprise Office
At Synergy centre we aim to bring institute and industry together – the result is a more innovative entity. This section aims to give both industry operators and academic experts some of the tools they may need to protect and commercialise the results of their research. The resource centre also supports ITT Dublin’s Intellectual Property Policy and commercialisation agenda by making the relevant documents accessible.
You can use the links below to navigate this section and locate useful documents and websites of partner organisations that further support entrepreneurship and innovation.
We are constantly seeking to improve this section and keep it relevant to visitors so do please drop us a line with any suggestions or improvements you might have on email@example.com
Technology Transfer Office
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) engages with industry to maximise the economic impact of ITT research and innovation.
Services We Offer:
- Advise on the commercialisation sections of research proposals
- Investigate the commercial potential of research and inventions
- Define the best patenting strategy
- Identify possible applications , markets and potential licensees
- Prepare non-confidential marketing materials and place them online and in print media
- Identify the key contacts in potential licensing companies and engage them
- Negotiate licenses and prepare contracts for signature by ITT
- Engage business partners to develop business opportunities
Contact the TTO Office:
Jack McDonnell, Industry Liaison Manager
Tel: 01 404 2864